Publications In Process
- Eldridge, J., Neufeld, S., & Hancioğlu, N. (in press). Towards a lexical framework for content and language integrated learning. Journal of Research in CLIL.
- Eldridge, J. Neufeld, S., & Hancioğlu, N. (in press). Working with words on the Web. Teacher Trainer. 24/2.
- Eldridge, J. Neufeld, S., & Hancioğlu, N. (2010). The lexical approach in teacher training. Teacher Trainer. 24/1, pp. 7-10.
- Eldridge, J., & Neufeld, S. (2009). The graded reader is dead. Long live the electronic reader. The Reading Matrix, 9(2), September 2009. pp. 224-244. http://www.readingmatrix.com/articles/sept_2009/eldridge_neufeld.pdf
- Hancioğlu, N., Neufeld, S., & Eldridge, J. (2008). Through the looking glass into the land of lexico-grammar. English for Specific Purposes 27/4, 459-479 doi:10.1016/j.esp.2008.08.001
- Eldridge, J., & Neufeld, S. (2007). When it comes to e-learning, are you in a muddle or a moodle? IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG, November 2007.
- Şen, A. & Neufeld, S. (2006). In pursuit of alternatives in ELT methodology: Webquests. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 5(1), January 2006. http://www.tojet.net/articles/517.pdf
- Neufeld, S. D. & Sembereka, G. Using bar codes for collection management. Museum Quarterly, 16(4), 1988.
- Neufeld, S. D., Scott, J. & D’Souza, C. Computers in Museums: A Selected Bibliography. Automating Ontario Museums, Technical Leaflet Series, No. 4. Toronto: Ontario Museum Association, 1988.
- Neufeld, S. D. & Jones, S. G. Museum records – how do they differ? MDA INFORMATION. Vol 9/2, 1985.
- Seabourne, M. & Neufeld, S. D. Historic photograph collection management at the Museum of London.Museums Journal, Vol 82/2, 1982.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Billuroglu, A., Arkin, E. & Neufeld, S. (2004) Data-driven learning for those who don’t know how to drive yet. Bilkent International ELT Conference Proceedings.
- Hypermedia in TEFL – promoting active learning. Proceedings of the 4th Middle Eastern Technical University EFL Conference. Ankara, Turkey. 1996.
- Systems development: recent trends in small museums. Proceedings of the 3rd MDA International Conference. Cambridge, UK. 1991.
Articles Published in Journals
- An approach to Lexis – Web-based data-driven learning at the School of Foreign Languages, Eastern Mediterranean University. (2004, February). IATEFL CALL Review, 33-34
- Birth of a network: a new paradigm from the prairies. Muse, Vol IX/I, Spring 1991.
- Beyond Gutenberg.. hypermedia in museums. Museum Quarterly, Vol 17/3, Summer 1990.
- Debunking the database myth. Currently. Vol 13/3, 1990.
- Dust to dust, ashes to ashes … archives to shredder?!?! A.C.T. – Newsletter of the Toronto Region Architectural Conservancy, May, 1989.
- Electronic Mail. Automating Ontario Museums, Technical Leaflet Series, No. 1. Toronto: Ontario Museum Association, 1988.
- Using portable microcomputers and the Museum Documentation Association in Central Africa: the Malawi experience. SAMA Documentation Group Newsletter, Vol 6/2, 1985.
- Historic photograph collection management at the Society of Malawi. The Society of Malawi Journal. Vol 38/1, 1985.
- SHIC: Classifying an historic photograph collection in Central Africa. MDA INFORMATION, Vol 8/3,1984.
- Using portable microcomputers to create an inventory of collections in store. MDA INFORMATION, Vol6/3,1983.
- The MDA Systems and Services.. A User’s View. MDA Occasional Paper No. 6. England. Museum Documentation Association, 1981.
Papers or Workshops at Professional Conferences
- Crossing the Digital Divide: In-service Teacher Training in Computers and Teacher Development at the School of Foreign Languages. Paper presented jointly with Nalan Guder-Baig and Eren Kufi at the Faculty of Education Conference. Eastern Mediterranean University, May 2002
- Hypertextbooking. Workshop given jointly with Feryal Varanoglulari at the 3rd International ELT Conference. Eastern Mediterranean University, February 2001.
- WebQuests: The Holy Grail of EFL Internet Activities. Workshop given at the 2nd International ELT Conference. Eastern Mediterranean University, February 2000.
- Systems development: recent trends in small museums. Paper presented at the Museum Documentation Association (MDA) 3rd International Conference. York University, England, September 1989.
- Co-presented a paper at the 1983 ICOM conference in London, on computerizing the accounts of an eighteenth century ledger from Whitefriars Glassworks, London.
Research Grants / Awards
- Co-investigator (jointly with John Eldridge and Nilgun Hancioğlu) with the principle investigator, Dr. Yongyan Li, Hong Kong University, under an FTFD-funded research grant to create a corpus-informed pedagogy to help post-graduate students in Education improve their skills in citing sources in research articles.
- Member of the Lexitronics group, nominated for the 2010 ELTons Innovation Awards in the International category for Ways with Words, including Write Like and Academic and LexiCLIL.
- Member of the Lexitronics group, nominated for the 2009 ELTons Innovation Awards in the International category for research into lexis, vocabulary profiling and the nature of lexico-grammar in teaching writing..
- Developed student-centered vocabulary language learning tools in Hypercard for EFL students at Anadolu University in Turkey, which were awarded the 1994 European Academic Software Award for languages, Heidelberg, Germany.
Contributions to Textbooks/Courses
- Developed and ran blended courses in the ELT Department, Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus Campus for EFL252: Intorduction to Methodology, CTE319: Instructional Technology and Materials Development, and EFL413: Language Assessment and Testing. See http://polaris.ncc.metu.edu.tr/moodle.
- Materials writer for a blended learning teacher development course, under contract to theconsultants-e for the Laureate Group.
- Primary member of the working group (core members included John Eldridge and Esen Uygaroglu). The working group spear-headed the developed the textbook and companion web site for Communication Skills (Technical Report Writing) from 2002 to 2003 as part of the MLD Curriculum Development Project. This textbook is currently being used in both the Engineering Faculty and the School of Computing and Technology. I was the main contributor for ‘Using tables and figures’ and APA report template, assisted in proof-reading and moderation of other units. Developed the companion web site and EAGLE tasks, as well as initial proof-reading and publishing teaching notes online in the CDP website.