Refereed Journal Articles
- Scherer, R., Tondeur, J., Siddiq, F., & Baran, E. (In press). The importance of attitudes toward technology for pre-Service teachers’ technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge: Comparing structural equation modelling approaches. Computers in Human Behavior
- Celik, S., Baran, E., & Sert, O. (In press). The affordances of mobile-app supported teacher observation. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Albayrak Sari, A., & Tondeur, J. (2017). Investigating the impact of teacher education strategies on preservice teachers’ TPACK. British Journal of Educational Technology. DOI: 10.1111/bjet.12565
- Tondeur, J., Scherer, R., Siddiq, F., & Baran, E. (2017). A comprehensive investigation of TPACK within pre–service teachers’ ICT profiles: Mind the gap! Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 33(3), 46–60. https://doi.org/10.14742/ajet.3504
- Baran, E., Uygun, E., & Altan, T. (2017). Examining Preservice Teachers’ Criteria for Evaluating Educational Mobile Apps. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 54(8), 1117-1141.
- Baran, E. (2016). Examining the benefits of a faculty technology mentoring program on graduate students’ professional development. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 32(3), 95–104.
- Baran, E., & Uygun, E. (2016). Putting technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge (TPACK) in action: An integrated TPACK-design-based learning (DBL) approach. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 32(2), 47-63.
- Baran, E. (2016). Investigating Faculty Technology Mentoring as a Professional Development Model: A Case Study. Journal of Computing in Higher Education, 28, 45–71.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Mesutoglu, C., & Ocak, C. (2016). Moving STEM beyond schools: Students’ perceptions about an out-of-school STEM education program. International Journal of Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology, 4(1), 9-19.
- Albayrak Sarı, A., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Baran, E., & Ozbay, U. (2016). Farklı branşlardaki öğretmenlerin teknolojik pedagojik alan bilgisi (TPAB) yeterlikleri ile bilgi ve iletişim teknolojilerine yönelik tutumları arasındaki ilişkinin incelenmesi [Investigating the relationship between teachers’ technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) competencies and attitudes towards information and communication technologies]. Egitim Teknolojisi Kuram ve Uygulama [Educational Technology Theory and Application], 6(1), 1–21.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Mesutoglu, C. (2015). Fen, Teknoloji, Mühendislik ve Matematik (FeTeMM) Spotu Geliştirme Etkinliği [Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics public service announcement development activity]. Araştırma Temelli Etkinlik Dergisi [Journal of Inquiry Based Activities], 5(2), 60–69.
- Canbazoglu Bilici, S., & Baran, E. (2015). Fen Bilimleri Öğretmenlerinin Teknolojik Pedagojik Alan Bilgisine Yönelik Öz-yeterlik Düzeylerinin İncelenmesi: Boylamsal Bir Araştırma [The investigation of science teachers’ self-efficacy toward technological pedagogical content knowledge: A Longitudinal study]. Gazi Üniversitesi Gazi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi [Gazi University Journal of Gazi Educational Faculty], 35(2), 285–306.
- Baran, E., & Canbazoglu Bilici, S. (2015). Teknolojik Pedagojik Alan Bilgisi (TPAB) Üzerine Alanyazın İncelemesi: Türkiye Örneği [A review of the research on technological pedagogical content knowledge: The case of Turkey]. Hacettepe Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi [ HU. Journal of Education], 30(1), 15–32.
- Baran, E. (2014). A review of research on mobile learning in teacher education. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 17(4), 17–32.
- Baran E., & Correia A. P. (2014). A professional development framework for online teaching. TechTrends, 58(5), 96–102.
- Baran, E. (2013). Connect, Participate and Learn: Transforming Pedagogies in Higher Education. IEEE Bulletin of the Technical Committee on Learning Technology, 15(1), 9–12.
- Baran, E., Correia, A. P. & Thompson, A. (2013). Tracing succesfull online teaching in higher education: Voices of exemplary online teachers. Teachers College Record, 115(3), 1–41. pdf. (AECT Division of Distance Learning Best Journal Article Award!)
A vialogue of this paper can be viewed at The Voice.
- Baran, E., Correia, A. P. & Thompson, A. (2011).Transforming online teaching practice: A critical analysis of the online teaching literature. Distance Education, 32(3), 421-439.pdf
- Baran, E., Hsueh-Hua C. & Thompson, A. (2011). TPACK: An emerging research and development tool for teacher educators. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 10(4), 370-377. pdf
- Correia, A.P., & Baran, E. (2010). Lessons Learned on Facilitating Asynchronous Discussions for Online Learning. Educação, Formação & Tecnologias, 3(1), 59‐67. pdf
- Baran E. & Correia, A.P. (2009). Successful Facilitation Strategies in Online Discussions: When Students Take the Lead. Distance Education, 30(1), 339-361.pdf
- Schmidt, D. A., Baran E., Thompson A. D., Koehler, M. J., Mishra, P. & Shin, T. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The Development and Validation of an Assessment Instrument for Preservice Teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2), 123–149. pdf
- Karpova, E., Correia, A.P. & Baran E. (2009). Learn to use and use to learn: Technology in virtual collaboration experience. The Internet and Higher Education, 12(1), 45–52. pdf
- Baran, E. (In press). Professional development for online and mobile learning: Promoting teachers’ pedagogical inquiry. In J. Voogt, G. Knezek, R. Christensen, K. Lai (Eds). International Handbook of Information Technology in Primary and Secondary Education. Springer.
- Baran, E., & Correia, A. P. (2016). What motivates examplary online teachers? In J. M. Spector, B. B. Lockee, & M. D. Childress (Eds), Learning, Design, and Technology. An International Compendium of Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., & Uygun, E. (2016). Investigating the impact of a Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK)-based professional development program on science teachers’ TPACK. In M. C. Herring, M. J. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) for educators 2nd ed. (pp. 271-283). Routledge: New York and London.
- Baran, E. (2016). Öğretim Teknojilerinde Yeni Eğilimler ve Yaklaşımlar [New Trends and Approaches in Instructional Technologies]. In K. Çağıltay & Y. Göktaş (Eds), Öğretim Teknolojilerinin Temelleri: Teoriler, Araştırmalar, Eğilimler 2. baskı [The Turkish Handbook of Instructional Technologies 2nd edition] (pp. 567–581). Ankara: Pegem
- Baran, E., & Khan, S. (2014). Going Mobile – Science Teacher Candidates Evaluating Mobile Apps. In C. Miller & A. Doering (Eds), The New Landscape of Mobile Learning: Redesigning Education in an App-based World (pp. 258–275), Routledge: New York and London.
- Baran, E. (2013). Öğretim Teknojilerinde Yeni Eğilimler ve Yaklaşımlar [New Trends and Approaches in Instructional Technologies]. In K. Çağıltay & Y. Göktaş (Eds), Öğretim Teknolojisinin Temelleri: Teoriler, Araştırmalar, Eğilimler [The Turkish Handbook of Instructional Technologies] (pp. 567–581). Ankara: PEGEM.
- Baran, E., Correia, A. P. & Thompson, A. (2012). Paths to Exemplary Online Teaching: A Look at Teacher Roles, Competencies and Exemplary Online Teaching. In T. J. Bastiaens, & G .H. Marks (Eds.), 2012. Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers (pp. 229-236). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Baran, E., Schmidt, D., & Lindstrom, D. (2011). The emerging persona of online teachers. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 27(4). 127.
- Baran, E. (2011). ETC internship: Harvesting the collective wisdom in educational technology. TechTrends, 55(1), 15-16.
- ECT Interns (2009). ‘Preflections’ from the class of 2008 AECT conference interns. TechTrends, 54(1), 12-13.
Electronic Nonrefereed Work
- Baran, E. (2013) (Ed.). The Many Faces of TPACK: Perspectives and Approaches. Wikibook/textbook, available at: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Many_Faces_of_TPACK