Knight Rook Pawn
Pawn Rook Knight
I apply glue to the parts i want to be flat, put hot silicon to the parts I want to add incline
I started the project by drawing basic sketches of the most classical shapes of chess pieces. my intention was to observe the characteristics of chessmen and think about what I should do.
🔽here are my observations;
- chessman gets taller according to their hierarchical order
- all of them have very specific features that it is impossible to confuse
- each player should have a different distinguishable color of pieces
🔽here are my ideas;
- to emphasize the hierarchical order I can make stronger pieces taller, bigger, more colorful, more complex and more detailed
- i should make the same pieces ( for example all the pawns) identical or with very small changes
- i should choose contrasting colors to identify two teams. I am planning purple and yellow weighted teams as they are my favorite pair.
➡ and lastly, i tried to describe the chessman with adjectives so i can use them as a base of my designs