- Yusufeli Dam Construction Site and Deriner Dam were visited with a group of students on April 27-28, 2019 May 6, 2019
- SCI-Screened Papers Published in 2019. March 15, 2019
- I attended the 13th International Congress on Advances in Civil Engineering, 12-14 September 2018, Çeşme-İzmir, Turkey September 17, 2018
- New SCI journal paper published in 2018. April 13, 2018
- New SCI Journal paper published in 2018. April 13, 2018
Afyonkarahisar’da yapılan 2. Ormancılık ve Su Şurasına Dr. Mete Köken’le birlikte katıldık.(5-7 Mayıs 2017)
Rezai, V., Calamak, M., and Bozkus, Z. ” Performance of a pumped discharge line with combined application of protection devices against water hammer“
Dinçer, A.E., Bozkus, Z. “Investigation of Waterhammer Problems in Wind-Hydro Hybrid Power Plants“, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Vol.41, No.12, December 2016, (doi:10.1007/s13369-016-2142-2)
A technical trip was completed on May 7-8, 2016 to Artvin region in Turkey, where a construction site of Yusufeli Dam was visited first, to be the highest arch dam of Europe when completed with its height of 270 m from thalweg. In addition, two recently completed dams, Deriner and Artvin dams were also visited on the same trip. The picture below was taken at DSI Guesthouse in Artvin, showing Deriner Dam in the background.
Arris S. Tijsseling, Darcy Q. Hou, Bozkus, Z. and Laanearu, Janek.”Improved One-Dimensional Models for Rapid Emptying and Filling of Pipelines”, ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol.138, No.3, June 2016 (doi:10.1115/1.4031508)
I attended the International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering, in Cappadocia, Nevşehir with my Ph.D. student Deniz Karaeren and her husband Vehbi Karaeren.
Alimoglu, E., Bozkus, Z., and Yanmaz, A. M. ” Computer Assisted Preliminary Design of Run-of-River Plants”, can be downloaded at http://www.imo.org.tr/yayinlar/dergi_goster.php?kodu=701&dergi=11#.VMttVi5WQig