• ECISLab and Publications pages have been updated, you can now download the full-texts of the articles & proceedings in .pdf format – 27 March 2017.
• GATE 590 – Graduate Seminar course had its first guest today! We would like to thank Dr. Firas Omar for his seminar on “Usability in Game Development” and Assoc. Prof. Banu Günel for the organization of this event – 17 March 2017.
• ArtBizTech organizes bang.prix competition to merge art and technology. Submission categories are hybrid art (kinetic, robotic, mechatronic), new media, data art and bio art. Deadline for the applications is 3 April 2017. For submission details, please check the website [TR].
• Our submission to EUSIPCO 2017 (F. Özkan, M. A. Arabacı, E. Surer, A. Temizel, “Boosted Multiple Kernel Learning for First-Person Activity Recognition”) is available on arXiv:1702.06799.
GATE 704 Motion Capture, Analysis and Synthesis – Thursday 9:40-12:30 II-05
GATE 541 Physics for Computer Games – Friday 9:40-12:30 II-05
GATE 590 Graduate Seminar – Friday 12:40-13:30 II-05
• I will give a new course “Motion Capture, Analysis and Synthesis” (GATE704) during the 2016/2017 Spring semester. Courses page will be updated soon!
• I participated to the “Starting Your Game Career: Education” panel at Gaming Istanbul 2017 (GIST) event at Istanbul Congress Center – 3 February 2017.
• Thank you very much for your participation to GATEWay’17-MMI Edition! 12 Game Development Pipeline projects, 4 Machine Learning for Multimedia Informatics projects and 1 Junior project were presented. You can check our FB album for the details of the event. See you next year!
• I gave a presentation entitled “A Video Game-Based Physical and Cognitive Training Platform for Children with Down Syndrome” at Games for Health Europe Conference in Netherlands – 31 October and 1 November 2016.
• I attended to 37th HFM Panel Business Meeting to present our abstract entitled “A Gamified Mobile Platform for Teaching First Aid Techniques in Military Training”, Bucharest, Romania – 11-13 April 2016.