My research targets three main interrelated inquiries in education research: Teacher education, learning technologies and human computer interaction. I received several national and international grants to fund research projects on these subjects.
- Developing a methodology for the identification of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) relevant teaching
Co-Principal Investigator, July 2015-July 2016
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) International Collaboration Grant
- TeachEdMobile: Integrating Mobile Applications into Teacher Education
Principle investigator, 2013-2017
European Commission, Marie Curie Career Integration Grant
- Young Inventors Designing the Future: STEM Training Project
Principle investigator, 2015
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkish Research Council (TÜBİTAK)
- Investigating the Usability of Educational Mobile Applications
Principle investigator, 2013-2015
METU Research Fund
- Developing and Implementing a TPACK-based science teacher education PD program 2013, 2014, and 2015
Researcher, 2013, 2014, 2015
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkish Research Council, (TÜBİTAK)
I am the the faculty leader of the Learning Technologies and Teacher Education (LATTE) research group (latte.eds.metu.edu.tr) at METU that I founded with my graduate students at METU. For more information about the projects that I carry out with my graduate students, check: http://latte.eds.metu.edu.tr/
Here is a selection of research projects I carry out with my graduate students and collaborators:
- Investigating the Design and Implementation of TPACK-Based PD Programs with Dr. Sedef Canbazoglu Bilici
This research, supported by several Turkish Research Council (TUBITAK) training projects, investigates the development and assessment of in-service science teachers’ TPACK.
- Investigating the impact of Faculty Technology Mentoring on Diffusions of Innovation in Higher Education Institutions with Hatice Çilsalar
This research examines the development of faculty technology integration practices in a faculty mentoring project designed and implemented as part of a graduate course offered at METU. For more information, check http://ftm.eds.metu.edu.tr/
- Learning by Design: An Integrated Approach for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge Development with Erdem Uygun
The purpose of this research is to investigate the development of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) as graduate students engaged in learning by design activities. The research implemented learning by design (LBD) module that included TPACK game activities developed specifically to examine students’ TPACK development in the course.
- Investigating the Learning Progressions of Science Teachers with Canan Mesutoğlu
Learning progressions (LPs) are theoretical models of how learners develop expertise in a domain over extended periods of time. There is currently little research on the ways in which teachers’ knowledge, understandings change over time systematically and in particular, studying a related model of learning progression can bring a different perspective to this research area with probable suggestions for implication as well.
- Investigating the TPACK Indicators with Video Studies with Ceren Ocak and Melek Dönmez
This research examines the development of video study methodology for investigating TPACK in action.